You are invited to exhibit at the 2019 Spring Extended School
March 19-22, 2019 | Valley River Inn | Eugene, Oregon
This well attended school hosts students from throughout Oregon and offers a unique opportunity for suppliers to reach 150+ street maintenance and wastewater collections systems personnel at one gathering. This is a must-attend opportunity for industry companies!
6’ Tables will be provided and prominently displayed near the refreshments and classrooms. Attendees are available and encouraged to visit exhibits before sessions, during lunch, and at refreshment breaks.
Northwest Taproom Social
The Northwest Taproom Social is held from 5 to 6:30 pm on March 19 and will feature "Pacific Northwest" inspired appetizers. This rebranded night is designed to build camaraderie between students and exhibitors. Each student will receive a BINGO card in their packets and are encouraged to attend the Social and play BINGO with the opportunity to win prizes donated by the exhibitors with a grand prize drawing donated by APWA! Please make sure to have a representative at your booth for the entire Northwest Taproom event! Drinks are served, and exhibitors are given recognition for their contributions. Refreshment costs are covered by exhibitor registration fees and shared equally among all companies. We encourage you to arrive in time to set up your display and join in this unique networking opportunity to visit with school students.
Certificate of Insurance
Our National Association requires each Chapter to obtain a Certificate of Insurance from exhibitors before being allowed to set an exhibit in a facility that APWA has contracted with. Please email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (503-419-4369) your certificate to our office.
Should you require any technical assistance or supplies for your booth, please make those arrangements with the facility. If you need to ship display or promotional items in advance of your arrival, contact the facility for proper shipping information.
Tuesday, March 19, 9:00 pm - 5:00 pm. We will assign booths on a first-come/first-paid basis. We will make consideration for companies you list as a competitor during online registration. If a display is set in an unassigned space, the exhibitor will be asked to move the exhibit to the assigned space or it will be moved by staff and the supplier will be invoiced for the relocation. The exhibit hall opens at 5 pm on Tuesday, March 19.
Thursday, March 21 3:30 - 5:00 pm and Friday, March 22 8:00 - 11:30 am. All exhibits must be removed no later than 11:30 am on Friday.
Outdoor spaces are provided for exhibitors to bring one piece of heavy equipment or machinery. Please check in at the school registration desk upon arrival and we will direct you to the outdoor display area. We will provide an “Outdoor Display Parking Pass” for these select exhibitors. Please display the pass somewhere on the machine. Please note: Security of display items is the responsibility of the exhibitor.
ROADeo participation is not required but it is encouraged. The ROADeo will be a unique opportunity to interact with students and ROADeo competitors. As a ROADeo Exhibitor you are offered either the Outdoor Display (listed above) OR a 6' table (hereafter called "tent table") in a ROADeo sanctioned area. We are also offering a few ROADeo Only Exhibitors; they will participate on Wednesday at the ROADeo only.
We urge your company to take advantage of a marketing opportunity by donating promotional items to be awarded as drawing prizes at the school. Donated prizes will be awarded at the Social and throughout the school as attendees submit session evaluations. The continual prize awarding procedure captures attendee interest and is a great way to enhance the distinction of your company. We would appreciate receiving your contribution on the first morning of the school.
*Includes: 6’ skirted table, 1 representative credentials and meals, outdoor space OR tent table, Evening Social (Tue), Afternoon Social (Wed), Breakfast with the Exhibitors(Thu)
**If at any time during the school, your company is observed with non-registered/unpaid representatives they will be added to your registration and billed to the payment used for registration. When you bring representatives and/or guests that you have not paid for, it increases the schools costs which; then increases future school registration costs.
Maximize your company presence at the APWA Short School! We are pleased to now offer sponsorship opportunities to Street Maintenance and Collection Systems participating exhibitors. You will be able to add sponsorship items during the exhibit registration process; click HERE for sponsorship details! All sponsorships are on a first serve basis.
Late Fee/Cancellation/Refund Policy
We always appreciate your feedback! We now use an electronic evaluation. Please have your reps download a QR code to their iPhone, Smart Phone, or Tablets!
Click HERE to view the short school schedule.
Terms and Conditions
AMERICAN PUBLIC WORKS ASSOCIATION
IN CONSIDERATION OF being allowed to participate in any way in the American Public Works Association (APWA) Oregon Chapter/Street Maintenance and Collection Systems School, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
1. There is risk of injury from the activities involved in this event, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of injury does exist; and
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE APWA or others and assume full responsibility for participation and any damage arising out of my use of equipment;
3. I expressly relieve the APWA from any duty of care, which is or may be owed to me as a result of my participation in the event; and
4. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and
5. I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS the American Public Works Association, its officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners, lessors of premises used to conduct the event (Releases), with respect to any and all injury, disability, death or loss or damage to personal property, whether arising from the negligence of the Releases or otherwise.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
LATE PAYMENT POLICY
Total due in 15 days. Overdue accounts are subject to a service charge of 1% per month. It is the sole responsibility of the attendee to retrieve an invoice through the online system should one be needed.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY: