OREGON APWA TRAINING PROGRAM AND EVENT SCHEDULE
Classes and events with blue hyperlinks are open for registration OR have important information posted. Click on the hyperlink to go to the event page where you can download/print the registration brochure (if available). If registration is open, click on the registration button to register electronically using payment options including most major credit cards, invoicing, checks, and multiple payments. You may also register multiple employees at the same time.
Contact Oregon Chapter APWA at Cameo Management Solutions, Inc.
2022 TRAINING AND EVENT SCHEDULE
* All educational events are planned to resume in-person in 2022.
|If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!|
The field of public works is becoming more complex. Change is occurring at an increasing rate through development of new technologies and management practices and through more stringent government regulations. In addition, citizens’ expectations have increased, placing greater demands on public works professionals and reducing job security.
As a result, there is an increasing need in our profession for life-long learning through continuing education and training. To meet this need, Oregon APWA offers timely, relevant training and education programs that are affordable and accessible to our members and their employees, enabling them to keep pace with their current jobs, learn new skills, and develop their careers.
The mission of the Oregon APWA Education Program is to promote and facilitate the education and professional development of our members and their employees.
The goals of the Oregon APWA Education Program are to:
- Establish an education and training service for APWA members and their employees.
- Provide selective training and professional development where there is a need not otherwise being met.
- Provide programs designed to enable members to keep current with technological changes and innovation in the profession.
- Provide training and education on improved management practices that increase productivity, job quality, safety in the workplace, and employee and customer satisfaction.
- Deliver education and training programs to meet member needs that are timely and relevant as well as affordable and accessible.
THE EDUCATION COMMITTEE
A committee of public works professionals meets twice annually to select potential workshop topics and manage the Education Program. Program committees are then formed to develop the curriculum for each workshop. Event management and support are provided through a contract with Cameo Management Solutions, Inc., of Bend, Oregon. In addition, the Committee coordinates local offerings of web conferences offered by National APWA and other associations. For more information about the Education Committee, contact Oregon APWA at 541.994.3201.